Day 29 – March SOLSC
Today is my last day of “Solo” Spring Break. Tomorrow my daughter will be off from school and we’ll have a great “girl” day. Since it’s my last day of just me, I thought I’d take some time and think about what I’m thankful for this week. Having this time to myself is great for reflecting!
I’m thankful for…
- Being able to go to the gym every day this week.
- Having an amazing personal trainer who is giving me the “push” that I need to get myself healthy and in physical shape.
- Having the time to do things I normally wouldn’t do: go out to lunch alone, sit in Starbucks writing and reading, doing laundry every day (although that one isn’t as fun as the others).
- Being able to drive my daughter to school every morning (even in pajamas one day!).
- Meeting a friend for lunch without having to coordinate childcare.
- Less stressful mornings. It’s amazing how much more pleasant my daughter is when I don’t have to rush her in the morning. She’s just not a morning person. It’s been so nice not fighting to get out the door. Has she been completely on time?!? Ummm, nope. Mommy’s on vacation!
- Less stressful evenings. Of course, there’s still a routine and bed time, but I’ve just been more relaxed and we’ve been enjoying each other much more.
- Being able to pick my daughter up from her after school program a little earlier.
- Having the time to play catch with my daughter and begin to teach her to pitch. During the work week, there never seems to be enough time to do these things with her after school.
- Having the energy to do all of the above things. During the work week, I definitely am more tired and stressed.
I’m so thankful for having these 4 days to just be me. I’ve been able to exercise, relax, and in many ways rejuvenate. I have to admit….even though I have had these 4 days to myself, I’m going to be so jealous of Brad and Emma when they’re home together next week. I hope they come have lunch with me at least one day!
I’m participating in the March Slice of Life Story Challenge! Thank you to the team of writers at Two Writing Teachers for this wonderful writing community. A place for us to grow together as writers.