Day 27 – March SOLSC
This year, my Spring Break has been a little different than past years. No, we aren’t away on any exotic vacation or anything like that. I actually have the week off and my daughter still has school. Now, I’ve only been on vacation for the past 2 days, but I’ve already noticed myself having some firsts.
- I’ve driven Emma to school 2 times. This never happens. She’s usually at my mom’s house by 7:30am and I’m on my way to work.
- I was able to go to Emma’s class party without having to take a half day or day off of work.
- I’ve been to the gym twice before 4:30pm – on a week day! (unheard of)
- On Monday, I went to have lunch. By – My – Self. I actually went to my favorite Japanese restaurant, sat in a corner table, and read a book while eating my sushi. I’ve never, ever, gone to lunch alone.
- I went to Starbucks with just my laptop and wrote and read blogs without having to coordinate what to do with Emma so I could have “alone time.”
- I’ve gotten to pick Emma up from school before 6:00pm 🙂
- We both went to my niece’s first softball game. If I was working, I would’ve never been able to get Emma and make it to the game.
Those are just some of the things I’ve been able to do being on vacation the opposite week of Emma. Notice I didn’t write clean the house or do all of the laundry! I’m not going to waste my precious alone time on those chores. Another thing I haven’t done is have Emma do her homework. Usually, her homework gets done at her after school program. Since I’ve been picking her up early, the homework has gotten forgotten. I’m not stressing over it. (Maybe I’ll write my feelings about homework in a blog post soon – ha!)
I have two more days of my own Spring Break – What else will I do with my gift of time?
I’m participating in the March Slice of Life Story Challenge! Thank you to the team of writers at Two Writing Teachers for this wonderful writing community. A place for us to grow together as writers.