This Slice is a little related to yesterday’s post about Procrastination.
Sundays are usually filled with many jobs to do. Mostly because I take Saturdays off and save all my jobs for Sunday! Who am I kidding – Every day is filled with jobs to do, but Sunday’s just feel different.
Here was my list of Sunday Jobs:
- Menu planning
- Food shopping
- Work on Report Cards
Here’s what I actually got done:
- Laundry (all of it including towels and sheets!!!) & put some of it away
- Searched on Pinterest for food ideas for the week
- Made a food shopping list
- Watched a “Fixer Upper” marathon on HGTV
- Played Word Crossy on my phone
- Made dinner in the Crock Pot
- Cuddled with my daughter (She was feeling mopey yesterday)
- Thought about report cards and wrote 2 comments (mostly)
At first, I thought I really didn’t get anything accomplished yesterday. While I didn’t get to cross off all of the things on my list, seeing what I did do written down, actually makes me feel like I didn’t waste a whole day. Yes, I let myself get distracted by T.V., internet, and games, but I also got to snuggle my girl. I may not have gone food shopping, but we won’t starve. I may not have gotten enough report cards done, but they’ll get done (they always do). And, I also learned that writing down what I’ve done makes me realize that I’ve been productive, even if I veered off of my “To Do” list and procrastinated a tad bit!
I’m participating in the March Slice of Life Story Challenge! Thank you to the team of writers at Two Writing Teachers for this wonderful writing community. A place for us to grow together as writers.