Day 22 – March SOLSC #sol17
Tonight we went out to dinner and I had a conversation with Emma about what I should write about tonight.
“Emma, what should Mommy write tonight on her blog?”
“Write about me!”
“Well since you’re 7, I guess I could write 7 things I love about you!”
“Yeah, Mommy great idea. Write 7 things you love about me or that you love doing with me.”
So here goes…7 things I love about Emma and/or I love doing with Emma:
- Her smile – it lights up the room and warms my heart. It reminds me of my dad’s smile. When she smiles, her eyes “smile” the same way my dad’s used to.
- Her laugh – when she really gets going, she immediately gets hiccups. She always had hiccups when I was pregnant with her. Maybe she’s always been laughing.
- Her strong-will – It makes me a little bananas right now, but I know it’s going to take her places.
- Her kindness – She might not always display her kindness towards me, but when I see her with other people, it is evident how much she cares about others. She hates to see her friends sad.
- Her hugs – She really knows how to hug my neck. She also knows when she needs a hug and doesn’t hesitate to ask for one.
- Her determination – She knows what she wants when she wants it and will make sure she gets it. Of course, this can be one of those things that makes me nuts, but when I try to look in to her future, this is a quality that is going to take her places.
- Her ability to see the joy in everything – There are lots of times when I can’t hide my sadness about not having my dad around and often Emma is the one to bring me back. Just recently we were at the zoo, and I was talking about how much fun he’d be having with us if he was here and she turned and said “Mommy, he’s right here with us. I just know it. He’s probably right next to us. He’s always with us.” When I’m sad, she helps me see the joy.
She’s only 7, but sometimes I think she’s wise beyond her years – especially when it comes to our faith and spirituality. She really is an amazing girl and I need to focus on that – especially when she’s driving me crazy. I’m so glad she coached me with an idea tonight. It made me reflect on just how wonderful my girl is!
Thank you to the team of writers at Two Writing Teachers for created this amazing writing community!