Day 15 – March SOLSC #sol17
Milestone celebration! I made it to the halfway mark! Yay! I can’t believe that I almost didn’t participate in this Challenge because of my fears. Fears that have been with me forever. Fears that have developed over time. Fears about being able to do it – to write every day.
I wanted to stop and reflect on this halfway mark but I realize that I’ve been reflecting all along in some way – even if I wasn’t recording it. I’ve been learning about myself as a writer through this experience. Here’s what sticks out so far:
- I actually DO enjoy writing and expressing myself through my writing.
- I’m learning what “Writing from the Heart,” truly means.
- I’m definitely more motivated to write because I know people from this great community are going to read what I write . (audience!)
- I’m more comfortable writing narratives, but also enjoy experimenting with poetry.
- I look forward to people’s comments on my posts and learn from them (feedback!)
- I benefit from looking to other bloggers as mentors. I may not have tried different structures or poems without my mentors.
- I am finding ideas EVERYWHERE! Ideas pop into my head all day long and I jot them into my writer’s notebook.
- I look forward to writing every day (and reading other slices too)! It’s become one of my favorite times of my day.
As I write down this first reflection, I’m already seeing the connections between what helps me as a writer and what helps my students. I’m looking forward to the second half of this challenge and what else I learn about myself as a writer (and reflect on it too)
Thank you to the team of writers at Two Writing Teachers for created this amazing writing community!